Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Curb appeal

Niko and I decided to combine forces and do some work on the exterior of the house.  It's not horrible or anything - it just needs some sprucing.  (If only Curb Appeal: The Block would come to our block and do it for us...)

Here's what the house looked like shortly after we bought it:


Here's the plan:

- Symmetrical azaleas along the front


- Paint all the trim almond

- Re-glaze and paint the windows

- Re-paint the storm door and shutters a matte black

- Paint the front door.  I'm waffling on colors - any ideas?  I've already tested a teal-ish blue and a deep purple, neither of which made much of an impact with a storm door over them.  Niko suggested yellow, and I am also thinking maybe a taupe would look classic?







- Paint the front stoop and brick steps a warm charcoal

- New mailbox

- New sconces flanking the front door.  The options I'm pondering:


Anyways, as always, I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment