Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dining room switcheroo

Typical, I know, but shortly after bringing the Docksta table home, I realized the functionality wasn't exactly what I'd hoped for.


The look was perfect, but it kind of wobbled (due to the pedestal base, I guess) and it just wasn't big enough to accommodate more than four people, which isn't exactly ideal.

So the hunt began, and I ended up with a great dining table and chairs from Craigslist.  It came with two leaves, and can expand to double its size.  The chairs are in great shape, but the fabric on the cushions has seen better days.  My mom suggested little chair skirt slipcovers, and she's right - they'd be perfect!



Let the fabric search begin...!

2 comments:

  1. HI Mollie, do you have any idea who the manufacturer is of the table and chairs you found on craigslist? I'm in LOVE with this set and would love to try to find one for our home. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The manufacturer is Henredon, but I remember the women who sold it to me saying that it was at least 40 years old. I hope that helps though! :)

      Delete