Friday, June 15, 2012

Plans

Well the IKEA trip was a bust.  Ok maybe not entirely - I did get this:


But my coveted yellow and white pillows were nowhere to be found.  And yes, I did check online before we left and was told they were "probably" in stock - what is that shizz??

Anyways, my disappointment was somewhat assuaged by this:


Remember when I told you I was saving for a lovely new sofa from Room and Board?  Unfortunately, our house had other plans and we ended up buying this:


Thrilling right?  Well I guess it sort of is, but I sure had my heart set on that couch.  Wouldn't you, if this was yours?


Ugh I'm so embarrassed - I really can't be sure what I was thinking.  It wasn't even that long ago!  Anyway, so I happened to spy this couch on the IKEA website.


Here's my reasoning:
- Even as I lusted after the R&B couch, I had started having pangs about spending so much money on a couch with a chaise - I can't see myself wanting that configuration of couch for years to come, you know?  I'd rather invest in a traditional 3-seater.
- This lady is the right size, color, configuration, price (under $1K!), AND has removable, cleanable covers (I'll be honest - the washability is what really sold me).

So I took it for a test run, and it really is comfy!  I'm giving it some serious thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment